The Ohio Revised Code grants rule-making authority to the Ohio Department of Medicaid to adopt new rules, review, amend and rescind current rules.
Rules become part of the Ohio Administrative Code, and assist the Department of Medicaid in executing its duty to carry out provisions of the Ohio Revised Code.
If you would like more information on the Ohio Department of Medicaid rule-making process, please contact Rules@medicaid.ohio.gov.
Rules in Effect
These are the rules that the Ohio Department of Medicaid has adopted and added to the Ohio Administrative Code.
In addition, you can view these rules from our on-line program manuals.
These are rules that Ohio Medicaid staff are drafting and editing, but have not yet been formally proposed for adoption. As part of the public participation process, the Ohio Department of Medicaid solicits and encourages input from affected organizations and individuals.
Draft Rules Submitted to the Common Sense Initiative Office (CSIO):
- ODM: BIA: ERF 188217: Miscellaneous Nursing Facility Rules Comment Period 9/15/2021 to 9/22/2021
- ODM: BIA: ERF 190120: Nursing Facility Payment and Provider Agreement Rules Comment Period 9/14/2021 to 9/21/2021
- ODM: BIA: ERF 190304: Managed Care: Long-term Services and Supports Respite Services for Children Comment Period 9/14/2021 to 9/21/2021
- ODM: BIA: ERF 190346: Episode Based Payments Comment Period 9/14/2021 to 9/21/2021
To submit comments on draft BIA rules please send an email to BIA@Medicaid.Ohio.gov and CSIPublicComments@governor.ohio.gov. Comments on draft rules are public record, please do not submit any protected health information.
Draft Rules Not Submitted to the CSIO (non-BIA Rules):
- ODM: ERF 190786: Behavioral Health Rules Comment Period 9/16/2021 to 9/30/2021
- ODM: ERF 188968: Update Hold & Review Rules Comment Period 9/14/2021 to 9/21/2021
- ODM: ERF 190726: Ohio Resilience Through Integrated Systems and Excellence (OhioRISE) Rules Comment Period 9/7/2021 to 9/21/2021
- ODM: ERF 190570: 5160-10-36, Adoption of New Rule 'DMEPOS: continuous glucose monitoring systems,' of the Administrative Code Comment Period 9/9/2021 to 9/16/2021
- W08052021: ODM 10231, 10233, 10234, 10235, Forms Revisions Comment Period 9/14/2021 to 9/21/2021
To submit comments on draft rules please send an email to Rules@Medicaid.Ohio.gov. Comments on draft rules are public record, please do not submit any protected health information.
Rules Notification Sign Up
To receive notifications of Ohio Department of Medicaid rule changes, please subscribe via the Common Sense Initiative eNotifications Sign Up. The Department of Medicaid will use this list to notify subscribers when draft rules are posted for public comment.