This Medicaid option is available to certain women diagnosed through the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). The Ohio Department of Medicaid operates this program in tandem with ODH. Benefits are issued through the Ohio Medicaid program.
- The full Medicaid primary and acute care benefit package (benefits are not limited to cancer treatment)
- Service delivery is provided through Medicaid fee-for-service (FFS)
BCCP Medicaid may be available to women who:
- Have been screened for breast or cervical cancer through ODH (required)
- Are ages 21 to 64 years of age
- Are in need of treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer, including precancerous conditions (eligibility will end when the treatment is completed)
- Are uninsured (do not have health insurance which covers both inpatient and outpatient care)
- Are Ohio residents
- Are U.S. citizens or qualified non-citizens (verification of U.S. citizenship or non-citizen status is required)
- Have income under 300% of the federal poverty level (FPL)
Ohio Department of Health BCCP
Women can also benefit from the BCCP program available through the Ohio Department of Health.
ODH provides breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services (no treatment), case management services to assist women receiving needed diagnostic tests and treatment services, and a network of 600 screening providers statewide.
ODH's BCCP screening and diagnostic services are coordinated through 11 regional offices, covering all 88 Ohio counties. To apply for BCCP, contact the regional office for your area or call ODH.
Breast and Cervical Cancer Project
The Ohio Department of Health
246 North High Street, 8th Floor
P.O. Box 118
Columbus, OH 43216-0118
Phone: (614) 728-2177
Fax: (614) 644-7740