New Guidance – Patient Liability - *NEW*
- Nursing Facility Rates
- Video Guidance for Completion of OBRA Assessments & PDPM Effective 10.1.2020
- Guidance Without Video for Completion of OBRA Assessments & PDPM Effective 10.1.2020
- PDPM Data Elements on OBRA Assessments Effective 10.1.2020
- PDPM in OBRA Assessments 10.1.2020
- NF Fact Sheet on MDS Submissions and Rate Setting
- Instructions for Retrieving Facility Case Mix Reports
- NF Fact Sheet Casemix
- NF Fact Sheet Casemix Q & A
- MDS Critical Report Dates
- MDS Quarterly Processing FAQs
- RUG-IV 57 Derivation of CMI
- Rapid RUG Guide 57
Ventilator Program – Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia Rates
- 270 271 Eligibility Transactions
- Supporting Documentation Required for NF Claims
- Cost Reporting FAQs
- Ventilator Program – SFY 2023
- Ventilator Program – SFY 2022
- RUG IV Grouper Selection
- Temporary Relocations
- Payment of Franchise Permit Fee
- Section S: State of Ohio Supplement
- Patient-Driven Payment Model
Nursing Facilities - Managed Care Level of Care and Prior Authorization FAQ
- Nursing Facility Definitions and Common Terminology
- Managed Care and Nursing Facility-Based Levels of Care
- Medicaid Managed Care Prior Authorization and Level of Care for NF Stays
- MyCare Ohio Prior Authorization and Level of Care for NF Stays
Nursing Facilities - Other Resources
- Authorized Representative Postcard
- Nursing Facility Billing Clarification for Hospital Stays
- Model Successor Liability Agreements
- Ohio Administrative Code
- Ohio Revised Code
- Effective Nursing Facility Transitions Presentation (Audio)
- LTC Claim Revenue Center Codes for NFs
- ODM 9401 Q&A - April 2017
Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR)
PASRR is a federal requirement mandating that individuals seeking admission to a Medicaid-certified nursing facility be screened for indications of serious mental illness and/or developmental disability prior to admission, and then again on a systematic basis following a significant change in their condition.
The purpose of PASRR regulations is to ensure that individuals with long-term care needs are placed in the setting that is most appropriate for their needs. Nursing facilities are ultimately responsible for ensuring that PASRR requirements have been met prior to facility admission. More information about PASRR in Ohio can be found in the following resources:
Preadmission Screening and Resident Review Training - An introduction to the basics and requirements of PASRR. This training provides a broad overview of the PASRR process in the state of Ohio.
Most Common Scenarios Chart: PASRR and Level of Care (LOC) - This tool can be used to determine what form needs to be processed for an individual seeking nursing facility admission or currently residing in a nursing facility related to PASRR and LOC.
PASRR Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) - Find information about webinars, Frequently Asked Questions, national reports, federal laws and regulations and sample tools related to PASRR.
The following state agencies also provide PASRR resources and information on their websites. The information found on the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services and the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities websites is specific to serious mental illness and developmental disabilities, respectively.
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
Questions about PASRR?
For more information, questions, comments or concerns about PASRR, email PASRR@medicaid.ohio.gov.