Update Contact Information
Important changes are coming to your Ohio Medicaid plan. Update your contact information to stay informed about your Medicaid plan and coverage.
If you are one of the more than 3 million Ohioans covered by Medicaid, 2022 is going to be a stand-out year. In July, we introduce our Next Generation managed care program, putting you in the center of care. Between now and then we’ll have lots of news to share that affects your benefits and coverage.
Follow these steps to update your information:
- Gather your most up-to-date information, which includes you name, home address, mailing address, phone number, and email address. Also have your social security number or Medicaid case number available to verify your identity.
- Select your county from the dropdown box below.
- You have three options to update your information. You can reach out directly to the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline, contact a case worker through you local department of job and family services, or if you have an Ohio Benefits Self-Service account, you can report a change through the online portal.
*If you need to change or update your name, please note that you will need to contact your local JFS office or utilize the Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal. You will not be able to change or update your name by contacting the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline.
Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline
All individuals can call the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline to update their contact information, including home address, mailing address, phone number, and email address. If you need to update or change your name, you will need to contact your local JFS office or utilize the Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal.
Phone Number: 1-800-324-8680
Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 8:00pm, Saturday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Which county do you live in?
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do?
Medicaid recipients need to update their contact information or verify that current contact information is accurate. You can do this through one of the following methods:
- Call the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline: The Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline will connect you with a representative who can help you update your contact information. The Ohio Medicaid Hotline is available on Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm as well as Saturday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at 1-800-324-8680.
- Online Portal: If you have an Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal account, you can login and report changes to your contact information.
- Contact your local JFS: The best and easiest option is to contact your County Department of Job and Family Services. You will speak directly with a case worker who can update your information. This is the quickest and easiest way to report a change to your contact information or verify your information is up-to-date.
Make sure your contact information with the state is complete and up-to-date, so you don't miss out on the exciting changes ahead related to your Medicaid benefits.