Who Qualifies for Coverage?
The following individuals may qualify for Medicaid coverage in Ohio:
- Be a United States citizen or meet Medicaid non-citizen requirements
- Individuals with low-income
- Pregnant women, infants, and children
- Older adults
- Individuals with disabilities
To be eligible for coverage, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or meet Medicaid citizenship requirements. Your local county Job and Family Services office can help to explain these requirements and can help get you enrolled.
- Have or get a Social Security number.
- Be an Ohio resident.
- Meet financial requirements. Even if you are not sure that you or your family will qualify for coverage, you should still apply. Learn more about the financial requirements of different programs or view examples of financial eligibility by monthly income for children, families and adults or aged, blind or disabled individuals.