Historically, people with disabilities were often discouraged from working because their earnings made them ineligible for Medicaid coverage. MBIWD was created to enable Ohioans with disabilities to work and still keep their health care coverage.
Who is Eligible?
To qualify for MBIWD, a person must:
- Be 16 to 64 years old
- Be disabled as per the Social Security Administration or as determined by Ohio Medicaid or eligible under the MBIWD medically improved category
- Be employed in paid work (includes part-time and full-time work)
- Pay a premium (if applicable)
- Meet certain financial requirements including a monthly income less than or equal to 250% of the federal poverty level); and
- Comply with annual MBIWD Resource Eligibility Limits.
Looking for more information? Read the MBIWD Fact Sheet.
Monthly premiums are required for those eligible for MBIWD with an annual gross income greater than 150% of the federal poverty level (FPL). To obtain and maintain health coverage, the full amount of the premium must be received by the due date or it will be considered non-payment.
How to Apply
- Form JFS 07200
- Form ODM 07236 Rights & Responsibilities (retain a copy for your records)