It also allows these individuals to have more control of their lives and remain active participants in their communities.
To request an Ohio Home Care Waiver, complete the ODM 2399 waiver application and submit it to your local county department of job and family services. You may also need to complete a Medicaid application if you do not currently receive Medicaid coverage. You can use the county directory to find your county department of job and family services. Waiver requests can also be made by calling Ohio Benefits Long Term Services and Supports (OBLTSS) at (844) 644-6582.
The Ohio Department of Medicaid will assign a case management agency to conduct a level of care assessment of your needs. If you meet the eligibility requirements for the Ohio Home Care Waiver and the financial eligibility for Medicaid, you will be enrolled in the waiver and a case manager will be assigned to help develop a person-centered care plan for you and to coordinate your services.
- Learn more about waiver services and levels of care.
- Learn more about choosing a case management agency.
- Learn more about searching for a home and community-based services provider.
- Access the Waiver Participant’s Handbook.
- Learn more about an individual’s rights and responsibilities.
- Log into the MyOhioHCP portal to view your person-centered care plan, contact information for your case manager, and more. First-time users will need to create a personal account.
- OAC Chapter 5160-44
- OAC Chapter 5160-45
- OAC Chapter 5160-46