The Ohio Department of Medicaid is working to make access to care easier and more flexible during the COVID-19 pandemic. The agency, in partnership with the Governor’s office, our sister agencies as well as managed care plans, providers and consumers, has:
- Expanded telehealth services to include a wide array of medical, clinical and behavioral health providers and counselors
- Eased technology restrictions on patient-physician interaction to deliver telehealth services
- Reduced prior authorization requirements to for many medical and behavioral services
- Enhanced pharmacy benefits, eliminating in- and out-of-network restrictions, pharmaceutical co-pays while increasing pharmacy reimbursements for over the counter medications
- Enabled nursing home and congregate care members to access telehealth services with no prior authorization
Learn more about the emergency provisions now in place for Medicaid beneficiaries and their providers.