MPIP, Ohio’s Medicaid Provider Incentive Program, was launched in June 2011. MPIP provides incentive payments to eligible professionals and eligible hospitals that adopt, implement or upgrade (AIU)to certified electronic health record (EHR) technology and use it in a meaningful manner.
The goals and benefits of certified EHR technology are to:
- Improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare
- Reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and families to take an active role in their healthcare
- Enhance care coordination
- Improve population and public health
- Maintain privacy and security.