MLN Connects™ Videos on ICD-10
- Video slideshow presentations from MLN Connects National Provider Calls:
- January 14, 2014 - ICD-10 Coding Basics: MLN Connects™ has released an instructional video on the basics of ICD-10 coding.
- August 22, 2013 – ICD-10 Basics: Keynote presentation by Sue Bowman from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- April 18, 2013 – Begin Transitioning to ICD-10 in 2013: CMS Subject matter experts review basic information on the transition to ICD-10 and discuss implementation planning and preparation strategies.
ICD-10 Training Webinar Video: Navigating ICD-10, the Provider Perspective
CMS has released a new recording of an ICD-10 training webinar conducted for the National Association of Community Health Centers. The video is available on the ICD-10 Provider Resources page.
This webinar includes information on:
- Changes in ICD code structure, code definitions, and the recurring patterns that help providers to understand the organization and content of ICD-10 codes
- The importance of clinical documentation in order to accurately and thoroughly capture medical concepts to inform ICD-10 coding
- Approaches to assess ICD-10 readiness, identify gaps, prioritize tasks, and monitor progress through continuous quality improvement