Who is newly eligible for Medicaid coverage?
How can I apply for Medicaid?
- Beginning January 1, 2014, a new group of Ohioans are eligible for Medicaid coverage in Ohio.
- This group includes adults between the ages of 19 to 64, who are between 0 – 138%* of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and are not eligible under another category of Medicaid.
- NEW: Parents who are between 91-138% of the Federal Poverty Level are now eligible. (Prior to January 1, 2014, parents at or below 90% of the poverty level were eligible.)
I think I am in the newly covered Medicaid population, when do I sign up?
- To see if you are eligible for Medicaid benefits, you should complete an application online at Benefits.Ohio.Gov.
- If you cannot complete an application online you can go to your local JFS office and complete an application with a case worker or call the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline at (800) 324-8680.
What does 138%* FPL look like for an individual or household?
- As of December 9, 2013, newly eligible adults are able to submit applications through Benefits.Ohio.Gov for coverage starting on January 1, 2014. Please Note: If you are a part of an existing Medicaid category and need coverage now, click here to apply now.
What if I learn I do not qualify for Medicaid?
- If you do not qualify for Medicaid, you may qualify for help paying for insurance on the federal Health Insurance Marketplace.
- For more information on the federal Health Insurance Marketplace visit HealthCare.gov or call the federal hotline at (800) 318-2596.
For additional help please visit your local county JFS or call the Medicaid Consumer Hotline at (800) 324-8680.
*138% includes individuals who are at 133% FPL with a 5% disregard during eligibility calculations.